You’ll have approximately 45 minutes to complete your peer review.
- Sign into Canvas, go to Assignments, and click the Visual Analysis assignment. In the Submission Details box, click the student name under Assigned Peer Reviews. Click the View Feedback link next to the uploaded paper link (not the link to the paper itself). That will open Crocodoc preview.
- You’ll see Crocodoc tools up at the top: Magnifying glass to zoom in or out, a Comment icon to leave various sorts of comments on the page, a download icon to download this paper (you’ll do this at the end), and a page arrow to scroll up or down on the page.
- Read the paper through once very closely, using the Crocodoc tools to quickly note surface errors, make specific comments, or offer organizational tips, but don’t spend a great deal of time editing your partner’s paper.
- ((If there is no View Feedback link, you’ll need to download the paper, open it in Word, and use the Review tools to leave your feedback on the paper. Save the paper on your desktop when you’re finished, and click the Upload File link on canvas (same place you downloaded the paper), select your document, and upload. Hit save.
- Spend the bulk of your time carefully responding to the conceptual prompts inside the rubric attached to this assignment, offering very specific and concrete suggestions wherever possible.
To use the rubric, click Show Rubric to open it, and then for each entry, click View Longer Description to see the specific prompts you should consider in the accompanying text box. Each time you add comments to a comment field, go to the bottom of the rubric and click SAVE. If you don’t click save before you close the rubric, you’ll lose your comments.))
Download a copy of your review
To be certain your work doesn’t evaporate into the ether, go to the Crocodoc toolbar at the top of your peer’s paper, and hit the download icon. Select “download the annotated pdf.” Save the file to your desktop, and email it to yourself or save it to your box account.
When you’re finished, you may go. To see the feedback left for you on your paper, view the assignment’s submission details.