The Tower’s Glow

I was leaving the PCL (The Perry-Castañeda Library located on campus) roughly around 3:30 one morning. Having consumed copious amounts of caffeine, I was feeling defeated by the exam that was approaching in only a few hours. As I walked slowly back to my house attempting to replay the information I had just reviewed in my head over and over again, I looked up to see an inspiring sight—the Tower, the center point of The University of Texas at Austin, glowing in an orange light which serves as a symbol of accomplishment (an athletic victory, a graduation ceremony, or things alike). In that moment, I realized the point of slaving away in the library until 3:30 in the morning; I AM a part of the Tower glowing orange with victory.

The Tower lit orange with a number 1 to commemorate the 2012 golf national championship at the University of Texas in Austin, Texas.

photo credit: http://www.universityoftexasimages.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/2012060901-Orange-Tower-with-1-The-University-of-Texas-Austin-Texas.jpg