Research Update

I wanted to find a topic that particularly fit my taste in food. So what I did was start going to establishments and trying different genres of food to see what I was the most interested in choosing for my topic. The first thing that came to mind was my love of donuts. This appealed to me, because it’s one of those things that helps “Keep Austin Weird.” Round Rock donuts has the “Texas Donut” which is bigger than a football, Ken’s Donut’s keeps with the tradition of Texas with the “Longhorn Donut”, and finally there are Voodoo Donuts, which is as weird as it sounds. So I went to their websites first which can be found by just typing their names into Google.

Then I thought to myself maybe I should do something completely original to Austin. So I went online in search of truly Austin establishments. What I found is that a lot of the famous ones were Tex-Mex which makes sense given this is Texas. The ones that stuck out to me the most were Juan-in-a-Million for breakfast and Matt’s El Rancho.

I think I want to stick with Tex-Mex, but unfortunately between Math theory test last week, career fair, SOA qualifications, and my econ test tomorrow I haven’t had much time yet. So any suggestions on where to go with this topic are welcome.

One thought on “Research Update

1. I think that writing about tex-mex cuisine would be a great idea. I feel like “donuts” would also be a good topic, especially because I know that you are already an expert in donuts. I actually went to round rock donuts based on your recommendation a few weeks ago, and it was delicious!