Online Wrap Up

One “text” that I really enjoyed was the Jiro Dreams of Sushi movie. I enjoyed learning about the different methods that Chef’s use in order to acquire the highest quality ingredients, and consequently produce the best food. It was amazing to see how the loyalty that the suppliers had towards the Chef’s, often forfeiting potential profits out of respect the relationship. One text that I particularly enjoyed was  “How To Make Vegan Blueberry Muffins with Waka Flocka Flame & Raury”. I enjoyed this video because it had great entertainment value, in the form of humor and satire, while at the same time provided viewers with clear and insightful instruction.

To me, the rhetoric of food is all about the sharing and conveying ideas to others. It’s an experience that is shared between multiple people, and can take different forms, utilizing different rhetorical strategies. It can be something fun. Something informative. Something personal. The rhetoric of food is something that is everywhere and is completely unique from author to author. My perspective on this subject is something that has changed over the course the semester and feel grateful for the opportunity to have learned so much about it during my time in this class.

One thought on “Online Wrap Up