1. How does a moving camera bring about ethical questions between artist, subject, and observer?
2. Why is only image and noise necessary to conceive a film and not print, speech, or music?
3. What are the different types of codes used in films, and how do they interplay in order to create a deeper understanding of a scene?
4. Why are the “limitations that the frame imposes” and the “composition of the image within the frame” so important in the perception of scenes?
5. In your opinion, determine three codes that are the most important to static film frames from (aspect ratio, open/closed forms, frame/geographic/depth planes, depth perception, proximity and proportion, intrinsic properties of color, form, line etc….)
– Sophia & Pearl