Filed under Blog Post 3

5 Responses to

1. Rosalio

In this advertisement for the 2016 Volvo XC90, a full vehicle picture of the Volvo is in the center of a background with multiple people who seems to be enjoying a concert somewhere. Within the background, the sunset is very visible as well. The addition of music notes on the side and a statement of complimentary flower crowns noted is also noticeable.

The speaker is perhaps someone who has been hired to sell the Volvo XC90 to an audience that enjoys concerts and music festivals. This is assumed based on the features of the advertisement that include music notes and figures of hand and people dancing or enjoying music, and a statement that uses words such as, “direct ticket” and “favorite artist.”

The text “Complimentary flower crowns” suggest that the ad is geared towards individuals who attend music festivals due to the widely know presence of flowers at such events. Also, the phrase “Don’t let your WEEKEND PASS without ordering yours today!” is very clever due to most music festivals occurring on weekends. Both texts provide clear examples of the target audience this Volvo ad was made for.

The text overall correlates very well with the picture content of the ad. Both aim towards music festival lovers with key word hints to the audience that could pick up on and a background picture that gives a visual representation of an actual assumed music event.

2. Shayla Myers

First and for most, I enjoyed that you placed the car on top of the fans! All I can think about when I see this ad is hundreds of people trying to carry the car in above the crowd like they do to people at concerts! Anyway… your advertisement was very compelling for I am a music lover who loves to go to concerts (not that I go to many). So saying that this car has the access to many artist, like going to a concert was a clever way of putting it. You did a good job.

3. Sabrina

I really like this ad. It looks like the audience is meant to be people who like to go to concerts, and perhaps the genre is indie? It reminded me about the show my roommate and I went to. I agree with Shayla about how the car looks like it’s crowd surfing because it is floating on top of the people’s hands. Awesome ad!

4. Jasmine Seals

I think you did a great job at targeting your assigned audience. From looking at your ad I assume that your target audience is people who enjoy going to concerts or listening to live music. The music notes and hands in the air automatically made me think of a concert. Also, like Shayla mentioned having the car on top of the hands makes it seem like the car is crowd surfing.

5. Like the other people who have left you a comment, I think this is a great looking and effective advertisement. I especially love the pun at the bottom of the page — don’t let your WEEKEND PASS without ordering one. Har har. Maybe the design would be a little stronger if the car wasn’t floating over the fans’ heads?