Volvo Advertisement

Volvo Advertisement

Filed under Blog Post 3

8 Responses to Volvo Advertisement

1. Kyline Stephens

In this advertisement, the Volvo XC90 is front and center. It is positioned on a road and is driving toward the viewer. In the background, the UT tower stands tall above the trees that surround the car. Viewers can conclude that South Mall is depicted behind the Volvo.
    The speaker is perhaps a Volvo salesman who is trying to appeal to an audience of UT students, families, and fans. This is shown through the scenery behind the car. The Main Tower and the South Mall of the University of Texas at Austin’s campus are shown in the background. The Volvo is the main focus point of the picture, however, the tower also draws our attention and the way it is positioned in the center above the car demonstrates the car’s appeal to UT fans.
    The tower in the background, along with the South Mall area and the use of orange text with phrases like “hook the road” attracts UT students, fans, and families by drawing a parallel to UT’s common slogan “hook’em.”
    The ad gives off a strong impression of being a family vehicle. It mentions families in both quotations at the bottom of the page. Using phrases like “hook the road” and “the perfect vehicle for a family that hooks the road together,” in orange text (which is UT-Austin’s school color), we can infer that the ad is trying to appeal to an audience of Longhorn fans. The choice of words and pictures correlate very well and give us the impression that this ad is geared toward UT lovers. The South Mall area of campus as its background, along with the Main Tower and use of orange text encompasses the “UT” theme of this advertisement.

2. Kyline Stephens

3. Shaniece!

Since the Volvo is positioned in front of the University of Texas Tower, I assume that the author is selling to an audience that is interested in the University of Texas. Not only does the tower support this claim, but so does the quote that appears in the bottom corner of the ad that Bevo, a mascot of UT, provides.

4. Jasmine Seals

I think this ad looks amazing. It is very appealing and pleasing to the eye. I am assuming that your target audience is people who attend the University of Texas. Having the SUV positioned front and center automatically draws the audience eyes to the vehicle. The UT scenery, referring to the famous slogan “Hook ’em”, and the school mascot is a great way to persuade people who attend the University of Texas to buy the 2016 Volvo XC90.

5. The University of Texas affiliates is your audience. I can tell this because you are on the front lawn and I see that glorious tower. I love how the ad is made and I am very appalled. If I was in the market for a new XC90, I’ll come to you next!

6. Telana

Wow! I’m really impressed with your ad. I can tell it appeals to people who are somewhat affiliated with UT such as students, faculty, staff, UT families, etc. I love that you chose to put the car in front of the Tower because it makes definitely makes a statement since the Tower is THE symbol of the university. The quote from Bevo was definitely a nice touch, too.

7. Kevin

The ad you created looks great it is superb, the way you made it makes me realize that you have great photo editing skills and that you could work in an ad company. The ad relates to the audience that likes the university of Texas because of UT’s clock tower in the background.

8. Like the other people who have already left you comments, I think this is a very polished looking advertisement. I especially like the Bevo quote, which is something that UT students & families would “get” and laugh about. Maybe it would be even funnier if it were something about a longhorn riding in a car?