On The Road Again

Screen Shot 2015-08-02 at 11.21.16 PM

Filed under Blog Post 3

3 Responses to On The Road Again

1. Shaniece!

This advertisement depicts the new 2016 Volvo XC90 driving up a curving road that is surrounded by hills. The vehicle driving around the curve in the road is the most noticeable element in the visual as it looks like it is moving toward the viewer. The next element that is easily recognized is the scenery around the road and Volvo. It is illustrated in a country setting; there are several trees and hills behind and to the left of the road. There are also guardrails along the road which the Volvo is travelling.
    The audience appears to be people that enjoy taking road trips. The text on the ad targets this audience by listing things that they value. It also explains how the Volvo is designed to travel. In addition, the advertisement has features that serve road trips.
    The values that are listed include having enough room to transport a large group, a family, and pack souvenirs. The ad describes how the Volvo’s “design is made for on the road experiences”. It also states that the vehicle has a navigation system that “innovates the road trip experience”.
    The reason Kevin places the 2016 Volvo XC90 front and center of the advertisement driving along a curving road is because his goal is to sell the car to individuals that love to take road trips. The hillside scenery captures the interest of the targeted audience by characterizing a journey that is taken away from civilization. This can be implied by the Volvo driving up the road and away from a community which is in the background. The text in the advertisement also corresponds with the visual elements of the ad and support the claim that this ad aims to grasp those that enjoy taking road trips.

2. Shayla Myers

I’m assuming that your advertisement was to appeal families who go on road trips. I love how you made it clear who the audience was and how it could benefit them. Also, I liked how you made the car seem cool and futuristic. For some families who are trying to start road trips, it can be hard to convince or even force kids to enjoy the ride. You made the car seem not only appealing for the parents, but the kids themselves. Instead of driving in some old, sad car for 5hrs, they could be in this SLEEK, FUTURISTIC CAR for 5hrs!

3. I agree with Shayla & Shaniece that this is a good looking advertisement. I’m not sure it’s a wise idea to feature “Sweden” in the first sentence at the top of the page since the main thing you’re advertising is the car’s ability to take families on vacations. I thought at first that you were trying to appeal to people who admire Europe.