Blog Post 3

Volvo Advertisement

Filed under Blog Post 3

5 Responses to Blog Post 3

1. Juan

The complete backgrounds of the advertisement is baby blue. There is a picture of the vehicle that it is advertising and a brief mention of where it is made. There is a picture of a dog that looks as if it has a sad expression.

The audience of this advertisement are animal lovers. This is evident as there is a picture of a dog, and the text box also mentions the animal. In the text box it marks out the audience and groups them with their pet.

The dog in the picture is sad so he will be happy if the audience buys the Volvo since pet owners care deeply for the happiness of their pets. The vehicle has a good design so that it is supposed to attract the audience since they would want to ride in style with their pet.

In conclusion the advertisement is trying to convince the audience that buying their product would make their pets happy. This means that the speaker is trying to reach their audience to something that they love. This advertisement might be effective to people that are overzealous with their pets and see them as family members

2. I agree with Juan that the ad will appeal to the target demographic — people who love dogs. The sad expression on the dog’s face is likely to pull on viewers’ emotions, and it’s a small dog — exactly the kind that you would expect to see riding around a luxury vehicle. I think the information about Sweden that you include on the top part of the ad distract from the animal-loving part that appears on the bottom.

3. Shayla Myers

I love, love, love, that you inserted that comment at the top left. You made it seem like the car was something that’s necessary to have because its the way life is supposed to be lived, (Well at least in Sweden). You also chose a really cute dog to appeal towards animal lovers. <3

4. Sabrina

I absolutely love this ad mainly because I am a huge dog lover! The dog is adorable and this ad is obviously effective because it caught my attention as a dog lover. Let me tell you, dog lovers will buy anything to spoil their dogs, even a car that promises to show dogs and owners a good time.

5. Animal lovers would enjoy buying the new Volvo XC90. You made this appealing to them because dog owners want the best for their little loved one and buying a car like this comforts them in knowing that they are making the right choice.