Volvo Advertisement Poster

***Please click on this poster to see it clearly.***

Untitled design (3) FINAL

Filed under Blog Post 3

7 Responses to Volvo Advertisement Poster

1. Shayla Myers

I really like the way you designed your advertisement. You compared a kids dream to an adults and I found that brilliant. Parents with kids do have dreams as well, so implying that the car was a dream come true to the parent showed the comparison between the two. I also like how you added the car on the street, I’m guessing they are on their way to Disney World? Anyway, I enjoyed your post. 🙂

2. Hmm. I’m not sure who was supposed to analyze this post in class, but I am hopeful that their analysis will pop up sometime. I know you want to know what they think!

Anyway, my opinion is that you have done a good job appealing to Disney fans. You incorporate some typical Disney imagery, including the castle, Else, Tinkerbell, and fairy dust, and placing these all on the road with the Volvo adds a smart visual flair. I think the tagline “where dreams come true” could be a little confusing, though. Since the Volvo is a thing, not a place, the tagline may suggest that the product you’re selling is Disneyand — not the car.

3. Briza

I think your ad does a good job of appealing to people who like Disney! I kind of want the car now lol. Disney is always very obvious with marketing itself like when they use the Cinderella’s castle at the beginning of every movie or their signature font on products. So I think that you putting a lot of obviously Disney things like Tinkerbell and the castle is a good way of appealing the car to Disney lovers.

4. Kathy Vo

OMG it is Disney. This already catched my eyes as I scrolled down several ads, because as you know I freakin’ love Disney. Even though it didn’t focus on your car, I would slowly move my eyes to each corner of the ad in order to check for sales. Instead of a sale, I see a car where Tinkerbell is sprinkling fairy dust on to tell us that it is magical. In conclusion I see that you are targeting Disney customers.

5. Ashley

Thank you Shayla! I think I should have made the car go to Disney, but I wanted the poster to feel like you got the car, because you went to Disney… if that makes any sense. I Think I should have made my font bigger and added the Fairy Godmother too. She would make more sense here too.

6. Ashley

I should have put a sale type thing! Like buy one get two or something. That’s a great idea! Maybe next time I make a poster, i’ll put a way the audience could benefit from getting a Volvo. I would also Make the Volvo the central thing, rather than Disney to make a sale more effective. I love the Tinkerbell! I hope I got my point across! (:

7. Ashley

Good! I’m glad that I persuaded some people to buying the Volvo! I wanted to make some edits, as stated above, so if I could do it all over again, I would. The castle is like one of the many first thing people see when they come to Disney World. It’s super iconic. I think it was hard for me to balance out the iconic castle with the Volvo, because Volvo’s aren’t as highly desired as The Disney Castle and it’s characters alike so I probably should have made a bigger attention drawn to it.