Online Wrap-up

Post 1: For the required readings, I liked reading “Consider the Lobster” by Foster Wallace. I learned a lot about lobsters and I didn’t know they used to be considered low-class food, since now they’re really expensive. The article was really informative and I thought it was interesting that there could be a whole article written about lobsters, including the ways it can be cooked and a little bit about its history. From my own readings, I liked this article, History of Ice Cream, which talked about the history of ice cream and included a lot of fun facts about ice cream. I love ice cream but I didn’t know much about it until I read this article.

Post 2: I think the rhetoric of food connects everyone around the world. Every culture has their own food and unique recipes, and by writing about food, we can share our culture with other people and learn something new. Writers can express their thoughts on food, whether it be about the food itself, the history of that dish, or their thoughts on a restaurant they went to. People write restaurant reviews to express their thoughts on a restaurant, and in today’s world, Tasty videos have become a popular way to show how to make food in a short video clip. The rhetoric of food brings us together and is meant to be shared with everyone. Anyone can read about food and write about it, and by doing so we can learn more about food and its importance to people around the world.

One thought on “Online Wrap-up

1. considering lobster was my favourite article too. It was shocking when he explained the lobster as a sea cockroach. I understood the variety of perspectives in one single topic, such as a lobster festival.