What is Your “Wild(est)” Song?: Wild Ones

Flo Rida – Wild Ones ft. Sia

The popular party song, Wild Ones by Flo Rida featuring Sia encompasses the definition of wild which focuses on a lack of restraint or discipline to describe a party and the specific person being described. The overall vibe of the song is influenced by electro house and house music. This song is part of Flo Rida’s fourth album and was released as the title track in the United States on December 19, 2011. 

This song fits the scope of a “wild song” when the lyrics are closely examined. The opening lines state “I heard you like the wild ones” and the song continues to expand on the concept of “wild” by including “I like crazy, foolish, stupid.” Though this is a small snapshot of the lyrics, the rest of the song continues to describe crazy party behavior such as crowd surfing, nosediving, and shutting the club down. Furthermore, the wild animal concept of the word “wild” is introduced at the end with “Tame me now, running with the wolves.” This shows the continued explanation of the “wild one” in the song as being animalistic and unrestrained. The central theme of the song is focused on a wild night out and the type of person present at this event. and the lyrics allow the audience to visualize exactly what is happening at the club. The tempo of the song combined with the lyrics almost seem to encourage reckless, hype behavior making it a commonly played song at parties. 

Filed under Welcome

3 Responses to What is Your “Wild(est)” Song?: Wild Ones

1. sdw2623

I like how you mention specific lyrics that talk about wildness in relation to party behavior. It’s interesting because at the time the song was also a party song that played. I like how you chose a song that compares wild parties to running with wolves which is a nature description of the word wild versus the more slang version.

2. aga2544

Party culture is viewed as “wild”, and I think the song you chose represents this. Most songs about partying are about letting go and releasing inhibitions. I like your inclusion of the line, “Tame me now, running with the wolves.” The singers are attempting to display a sense of freedom by comparing the “wild” nature of the parties to animals. Overall, I think this song choice works well with the prompt, and your analysis was great!
    -Anna A.