10 Fantastic Years!

The date was May 25, 2005. My family was glued to the TV while dramatic music played and lights shone around a well-known stage. We watched intently with the rest of America and awaited the results of season 4 of American Idol. Carrie Underwood was our long-time favorite to win, although Bo Bice posed a threat. On that night, we held our breath as Ryan Seacrest finally announced, “The winner of Season 4 of American Idol is… Carrie Underwood!”

Carrie Underwood wins American Idol!

Carrie Underwood wins American Idol!

I’m proud to say that I picked Carrie to win from the moment she first auditioned for the show. For some reason, it was obvious that she just had something that no one else had, and apparently America saw that too! Since she won, Carrie has flown to superstardom and is now one of the biggest and most influential stars in the country music business. She has released four albums with 11 #1 singles and many singles hitting in the top 5 of the country music charts, and has toured six times in the US and around the world.

It is hard to believe that the moment that is so engrained in my mind took place almost 10 years ago! But believe it or not, the time has come to celebrate the success of Carrie Underwood during the past 10 years, and what better way to do that than with a Greatest Hits album? That’s right, Carrie is releasing a new album titled Greatest Hits: Decade #1, comprised of her most popular and well-known songs from the last decade. It is fun to go back and listen to the songs that really staged her career and shot her to fame, because the album truly shows how much she has grown. Some of my personal favorites are “Before He Cheats,” “Cowboy Casanova,” “Undo It,” “Good Girl,” and “All-American Girl.” I’d definitely advise you to listen to her duet with Vince Gill, called “How Great Thou Art”; it is guaranteed to give you chills! Honestly though, it would be hard to go wrong with any of the songs on this album; it truly encompasses all of her greatest achievements.

Carrie Underwood Greatest Hits: Decade #1

Although the album does not actually hit stores until December 9, 2014, you can pre-order it here on Amazon!

Disc 1:

1. “Something in the Water”
  2. “Little Toy Guns”
  3. “Inside Your Heaven”
  4. “Jesus, Take the Wheel”
  5. “Don’t Forget to Remember Me”
  6. “Before He Cheats”
  7. “Wasted”
  8. “So Small”
  9. “All-American Girl”
  10. “Last Name”
  11. “Just a Dream”
  12. “I Told You So” (feat. Randy Travis)

Disc 2:

1. “Cowboy Casanova”
  2. “Temporary Home”
  3. “Undo It”
  4. “Mama’s Song”
  5. “Remind Me” (with Brad Paisley)
  6. “Good Girl”
  7. “Blown Away”
  8. “Two Black Cadillacs”
  9. “See You Again”
  10. “How Great Thou Art” (with Vince Gill)
  11. “So Small”
  12. “Last Name”
  13. “Mama’s Song”

Filed under Movies and TV, New Country, Reflection, Women

4 Responses to 10 Fantastic Years!

1. Hannah Parmer

Wow! I didn’t know that she was coming out with this album. I am so excited; I have to go buy it as soon as it hits stores. Like you, I’ve loved Carrie Underwood ever since she won American Idol. I went to her concert back in 2011 and loved every single minute of it. However, I didn’t realize it has already been 10 years since the start of her career. She is one of the few stars from American Idol who actually makes it big and she continues to do so. Go Carrie! Plus she is now having a baby boy, can’t wait!

2. Dusty Hixenbaugh

Wow. I also am surprised to learn that it has been ten years since Carrie’s big American Idol win. I still think of her as a relative newcomer, but I guess she’s now something of an industry “veteran.” Also, I appreciate the recommendation for the “How Great Thou Art” duet with Vince Gill. I love old gospel songs, and I have heard Elvis’s and Dolly’s versions of that song. I am interested to see how Carrie and Vince have updated it. What did you think about Carrie hosting last night’s CMA Awards?

3. Tom Oren

It is so weird how its been ten years since Carrie Underwood won American Idol! I remember watching it and being so nervous she wouldnt win! I have also loved her since I saw her auditioning for the show, she definitely has that “spark” about her that draws you in, vocally and physically! It is so weird seeing that picture you used where they announced she won- she is so different now!
    I thought her performance hosing the CMA awards was amazing! she chose a great song that reminds us of how great she is, and how unique her voice is! they could not have picked a better host!

4. Alina Monzon

Yay! Another post about Carrie Underwood! Like everyone already knows, I love her music and her as an artist. Although I didn’t really watch her on American Idol, I did see her audition and I loved it. And it is amazing to see how successful she has been since then. I think what I like about her is that she is so open about some things like her faith. We see it in “Jesus Take The Wheel” and now in “Something in the Water”. I heard about her greatest hits album and I got super excited and I can’t wait for it to come out next week. I read somewhere that there are going to be some versions of songs that have never been heard which I am very excited to hear.