5 Reasons Why The Country Music Lover Would Love Nashville TV Show

ABC’s hit TV show, Nashville has just begun its fourth season and its popularity is only continuing to grow. It has a large fan base and audience, but I believe that any country music listener could easily become a fan of the show. The show features all aspects of country music. TV Guide even says that its plot lines can be told by real country songs. Check out these five reasons why any country music lover would also become a lover of the show, Nashville.

1. The Tunes

Clearly, the biggest thing country music listeners like about country is the music. Nashville surprisingly devotes a significant amount of time each episode to pure music, whether this is through extravagant concert performances of the characters, or footage of them writing/ creating songs. The entire show is centralized around the music, so when watching the viewer is completely immersed in the sounds of country.

All different sounds are included through each character, with the more gentle and innocent sounds of Rayna’s two daughters, the fierce, Miranda Lambert-esque songs of Juliette, and the bro country vibes of Luke, just to name a few.

2. Attractive People

What is there not to love about some good- looking cowboys and country queens? It seems like every star of the show is fortunate in the good looks department, making the country music lover even more in love with these characters and the show.

We’ve got the blonde hunk in Will Lexington, the handsome, high profile city boy in Jeff Fordam, and the tough, chiseled man in Deacon Claybourne. Of course the country queens are all gorgeous, with the timeless, classic beauty in Rayna James, the blonde bombshell in Juliette Barnes, and the natural prettiness of Scarlett O’connor.

3. The business side of things

Not only can we watch the drama unfold between all of the characters, and get to hear some great music along the way, but we also get to see a little bit more into the way that the country music world works. A lot of episodes focus on the production of the music, the process that goes into signing an artist to a record label, as well as the booking and publicity events that consume most of the artists’ lives.

This lets the country music lover get to get more insight into the way that the music we love so much is created and developed.

4. History and Famous People

The truly devoted country music lover probably has a good intellect of the historical aspects of country music, or artists that have been prevalent in the country music world for a while. Nashville constantly references the ever- famous Grand Ole Opry where the most famous of performers have sung.

The show even has many famous country performers guest star on various episodes. These artists include Kellie Pickler, Carrie Underwood, Brantley Gilbert, Luke Bryan, Vince Gill, Kelly Clarkson, Sara Evans, Kip Moore and Trisha Yearwood to name a few. 

5. The Outfits

The fabulosity of the gowns, cowboy boots, and sequined ensembles throughout the show is outrageous. Everything is bigger and better in this show, especially the girls’ hair. The women are always dressed to the nines, and the men even get dolled up from head to toe in their cowboy hats, denim, big belt buckle, and boots. The country boy swagger is taken to a new level in this show. Rayna and Juliette always seem to be in some type of over the top sequined and tight gown or outfit. Even Scarlett has her own intense wardrobe with a more subtle, earthy country girl feel.

The glamour and fame is clearly embodied through many of the characters on the show. However, many aspects of themes central to country music are highlighted constantly in the episodes, such as being a hard worker, valuing family, and being a loyal person despite the insane, complicated business of the country music industry. The show has made great waves for country music, exposing more people to the genre, gathering more fans for it, and even adding some great songs in the mix. I highly recommend the show, no matter what type of country music you may enjoy.

Filed under Blog Post 3, Movies and TV

5 Responses to 5 Reasons Why The Country Music Lover Would Love Nashville TV Show

1. Darah Welch

Amanda this post is so refreshing and fun to read!!! I have never watched Nashville but you are making me want to see for myself how good it is. I really like the actress Connie Britton because of her role in the first season of American Horror Story. After seeing her in that I would love to see what kind of other roles she takes on. This post is also interesting because I feel like there are not any dramas that center around music (especially Country music) as a whole. It seems like a very unique series amongst all of the crime and doctor shows. Thanks for sharing this!

2. Kayla Miracle

Amanda, I had to read this because it focused on two of my favorite things: music and TV. I’ve always wanted to start Nashville but I’ve never made time for it. The way you broke it down, the 5 points, are no different than what I expected the show would center around. It’s exactly these things that most people find the most intriguing in TV. One Tree Hill has similar aspects, it’s not as glamorous but the music aspect of that show is one that the show was founded on and why it was so successful. People like good music in TV so there’s no surprise about the success of Nashville. I recently got all caught up with Grey’s Anatomy so I’m in need of a new show to binge watch — this just might be the one I go for next! Thanks for sharing!

3. Annie G

I am OBSESSD with Nashville, especially since it has Connie Britton, who I’ve loved ever since her staring role in Friday Night Lights. You highlighted all of the best aspects of the show perfectly, especially about how it can appeal to listeners of all genres of music. I had never thought about how many different styles of country music were featured in the show until now, Luke Wheeler is basically an older Luke Bryan. One reason I love the show is because of the music, I’ve even downloaded some of the songs after watching an episode. Hopefully this post gets more people to like the show!

4. Abby Bourland

This was such an amazing post! I have always wanted to watch this show! This blog was so entertaining and caught my attention just by reading the title. I think you organized it impeccably, too! This show seems like it would really benefit my knowledge of country music. I think it’s really cool how Nashville brings famous country artists on the show. I feel like this show was made for our rhetoric class! This show is alluring by the famous actors and actresses and exposes the audience to the world of country music. People are going to have country songs stuck in their head all the time because of this show! Maybe we could watch an episode in class??

5. Alyssa Buchanan

Great post! I have loved Hayden Panetiere since her “Bring It On” days. This show keeps popping up and getting to see these highlights of it explained was so good! It was an easy read, and really logically organized. The show is intriguing just by its success, but after reading your post I’m going to have to check it out! The pictures and videos really aided your point. I feel like this show fits in well with what we learn and discuss in class. I will definitely add it to the list of shows to watch. And, I totally agree with Abby’s comment above about watching one of the episodes in class!