Week 7 curator

So this week it was my turn to be the class media curator and it turned out to be a fun, enjoyable task. Im not a big twitter user, but i do use Spotify and Instagram daily. I use Instagram more to check than to post myself.

I enjoy looking at others photography on Instagram. There is such a wide variety to look at from all over the world on the explore page. So for me when it came to running this class Instagram, i tried to find enjoyable pictures to look at to post. I chose pictures that do tell a story and i tried to give a little caption that didn’t give too much away so the mind can still interpret the story in their own way. This was also fun because the pictures i chose, i had taken in the past but never posted them anywhere.

As for the twitter, i really do think people should check twitter daily. It reminded me just how much and how fast people twitter feeds information on every subject. It’s a good tool for quick news, so i tried to post information that our class would find handy. Whether it be about the weather or an upcoming assignment.

As for Spotify, I tried to use songs that make me happy. They are kind of my go to songs when i’m either walking to class, driving, or working out. As a life playlist i think these songs would be good background tracks to engage emotion for milestones.

-Adrianne Leibman

6 thoughts on “Week 7 curator

1. Hey Adrianne, I agree with how the explore page allows us to really connect with people all of over the world. I think the perspective shift helps us understand those in different places more and might be a factor in uniting the world some day.

2. Adrianne,

I’m in full agreement with you on Twitter. It’s a terrific way to keep up with news, especially for specialized areas. For example, I use it all the time to keep up with sports news.

I think your story-driven Instagram approach is one of the most creative ideas I’ve seen so far. I’m glad you came up with something and ran with it.

Since you said it makes you happy, I’d love to see your playlist. Who doesn’t want to be happy?

3. Adrianne,

I totally agree with you on trying to find visually appealing photos to post on Instagram! Like the saying goes, “A picture is worth a thousand words.” and I think that the more enjoyable the picture is, the more meaning it has. Nevertheless, I also think that it okay to post random pictures of household items or just anything that happens to be in your peripheral vision. With an engaging caption, even the most mundane and boring looking picture can become interesting.

– Shannon

4. Hey Adrianne,

I totally agree with you that Instagram has a big variety of photography to look at and it inspires so much creativity as well. I use Instagram a lot, more than any other app on my phone. I do not use Twitter a lot either, so I think that when it is my turn to become the curator, it will definitely challenge me to find something interesting to post.

Tiffany

5. Hi. Adrianne,
    I embedded your playlist, in case anyone wanted to take a listen. I like the idea of a playlist as background tracks to engage emotions. Thanks for taking on our accounts for a week! It was fun to see your personality shine!

6. Adrienne,

Cool posts! I never really realized how useful twitter could be until this assignment. It such an easy and quick platform to use to spread news. I also like how you didn’t give too much away in your instagram captions so that they can be interpreted in different ways. I don’t think a ton of users do that and its creative!

–PP