In groups of 3, share the image you plan to analyze and then explain to your group:
- The argument the image is making
- The historical or cultural background the audience will need to understand the argument being made in the image
- The target audience for the image and why—any ideas or symbols that will likely resonate with a certain segment of a population in a particular way?
- The emotion the image provokes, the main pathema at work in the image (what provokes the emotion), and how it works to do that
- The behavior the image inspires—what it wants you to do or believe.
- The interpretation that ties the emotion to the desired behavior (what do you have to already believe for the emotion to provoke the behavior?)