In groups of 3-4, share the image you plan to analyze and then explain to your group:
- The argument the image is making
- The historical or cultural background the audience will need to understand the argument being made in the image
- The target audience for the image and why you think so—any ideas or symbols that will likely resonate with a certain segment of a population in a particular way?
- What emotion or emotions this image provokes, what in the image provokes this emotion, and how it provokes this emotion.
- The behavior the image inspires—either an action or an attitude.
- The interpretation that ties the emotion to the desired behavior (what do you have to already believe for the emotion to provoke the behavior?)