Here are some pathological texts, plus some background info.
Just a few other resources that i wish we could get to:
- Plato. The Republic.
- Aristotle. Politics, books 7 and 8
- Cicero. De Oratore. Book 2, sect 185-216
- Quintilian. Institutes of Oratory. Book 6
- Amélie Oksenberg Rorty. Selections from Essays on Aristotle’s Rhetoric
- Hauser, Gerard A. “The Passions.”
- Katule, Richard. “Quintilian on the Art of Emotional Appeal.”
- Daniel Goleman. Selections from Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ
- Blanton, Smiley. “Voice and the Emotions.” The Quarterly Journal of Public Speaking 1.2 (1915): 154-172.
- Berlant, Lauren. “Compassion and Withholding.” Compassion: The Culture and Politics of an Emotion. Routledge, 2004. 1-13.
- Nussbaum, Martha. “Aristotle on Emotions and Rational Persuasion.” Essays on Aristotle’s Rhetoric.
- Walker, Jeff. “Pathos and Katharsis in ‘Aristotelian’ Rhetoric: Some Implications.” Rereading Aristotle’s Rhetoric.
- So many more….