You will not need to purchase a course pack or books for this course. I will provide you with the readings, all of which are linked on your canvas site under Files:
- Ahmed, Sara (1). “Affective Economies.” Social Text (2004).
- Ahmed, Sara (2). “Happy Objects.” In Melissa Gregg and Gregory J. Seigworth, ed.,Affect Theory Reader. Duke UP, 2010. 29-51.
- Aristotle. The Rhetoric, book 2 1-17 + book 3 10-11.
- Brennan, Theresa. Introduction from The Transmission of Affect. Cornell UP, 2004.
- Gorgias. “Encomium of Helen.”
- Kastley, “Rhetoric and Emotion.” In Walter Jost and Wendy Olmsted A Companion to Rhetorical Criticism.
- Rifkin, Jeremy. “A Sentient Interpretation of Biological Evolution.” From The Empathetic Civilization. Penguin, 2009: 82-105.
- Riley, Denise. Introduction and Chapter 1 from Impersonal Passion: Language and Affect. Duke UP, 2005.